Sing it to the tune of Good Vibrations! Are you drinking enough water? Probably not . . . 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
Some Interesting Facts about Dehydration:
- Even mild dehydration will slow your metabolism by as much as 3%.
- One glass of water made midnight hunger pangs cease for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
- Lack of water is the number one trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, breast cancer by 79%, and bladder cancer by 50%.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day? I know we haven’t been. I’ve been waking up in the morning with my mouth all dry and my skin is so parched it makes me think of the old Lubriderm, “See you later, Alligator” commercial. My husband likes to drink everything but water, and our eighteen month old throws sippy cups of water on the floor and demands juice or soda instead.
So this week, we are recommitting ourselves to getting and staying hydrated! We challenge you to do the same!
What we’ll be drinking:
- Water, Water, and More Water!
- We’re shooting for five 16.9 ounce bottles each day!
What we won’t be drinking:
- Caffeinated Beverages – Caffeine is a diuretic, which can lead to dehydration.
- Alcohol – It’s also a diuretic.